My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Friday, December 31, 2010

The End of 2010

This has been quite the year, and quite frankly, I am done with it.
As of late, I have been a very bad blogger. I admit it. Between living in two households while helping Gramie after her accident, working full-time which includes an hour each commute, and trying to keep my own household up, there wasn't much time for art or even a daily posting.
Recently, I lost a co-worker. He was a very sweet spirited person, loving/doting father/husband  and all around nice guy. He "sang" to our callers. Not "sing" in a musical way. "Sing" as in a soothing, sincere tone. It was incomprehensible that I will never hear that voice again. Ski on Kev.

Since his death, as most people do, I reflect. I don't reflect well. Most people reflect on the good, the positive. I reflect on regret. 
Should I have bought the second pair of TOMS?
(well, sure! a child gets a pair, too!)
Should I have gotten a less expensive new car?
(yea, I could tie all my stuff to the roof of any size car)
Should I have stayed away the first time I left this house 16 yrs ago?
(I don't honestly know where I would be)
Why can some people be negative, grumpy, uncaring and a sour-puss and I enable that?
(cause I have a great studio to hide from it)

See? I don't reflect like most people. 
Anyhoot; I found the perfect way to reflect with words:




2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I note your big and bold HOPE right smack dab in the middle of it all. You will be OK, my friend.

I thought life would get easier as I got older. Instead, I find myself part of the Sandwich Generation - a very thin piece of meat sandwiched between aging parents, grandchildren, and kids who still need me. Oh, there's the husband, too, and he doesn't get it.

Regrets? Sometimes but not often. After all, I haven't a clue what it be if it weren't what it is, and certainly, it could be worse.

Hope would take center stage in my word reflection, too. It sounds like we'll both be OK, doesn't it? Hang in there, sweetheart.

kath001 said...

So sorry about your friend. You've had enough sad, scary, stress this year. Here's to a fresh start in the New Year, and only good things are what I'm wishing for you and yours!