My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

"Hope"

Every time there is a natural disaster somewhere, I try to help.
Give blood no problem…$5, $10, $20 here n there whether I have it to spare or not.
I send it off, tweet about it and "hope" that in some way my little bit will add to a huge melting pot that others have thrown in.
I see the aid on the news…and think OK…I guess it did help so it does make me feel better.
Locally I see those in need as well. These are my neighbors, co-workers and family.
I take an elderly neighbor a plate of food and know they are nourished.
I see a homeless teen going barefoot and see her happy in a pair of my barely used shoes.
I see children lonely and sad in a hospital, so I take bags of Beanies so each child can call one of them their own and won't be so lonely.
Don't get me wrong…I don't have the need to get something in return….well…until now!

I know how great Close to My Heart has always been in time of need…and as Jeanette our founder says,
"If we all do a little, together we can do a lot. Let's show our support and together, provide real HOPE for Japan!"
So she whipped out this:
A stamp set I can love and use for a long time…but better yet ALL proceeds of this set will go to ARC efforts for Japan!
In fact, I might even find a tattoo in my future with this image in PINK!
You can order yours easy peasy from my website using order #A118 or go straight to the Hope for Japan link.
Don't forget to treat yourself to some highly discounted items and specials so you can also earn free My Acrylix blocks while helping others!

No comments: