My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Absentee Blogger...

To my few faithful, I do apologize for my absence…many things have attributed.
We had a wedding and the loss of a loved one.

The wedding was celebrating the union of one of my nieces. It was a TOMS supported affair and you know how I love my TOMS and their purpose.

Here's a photo I posted to the TOMS gallery of all the guests who attended wearing TOMS
Love this shot of Haley and our great-niece's TOMS…
It wasn't just a TOMS affair, it was truly a family affair:
I did the photo guest book
My brother and sister in law provided the cake and food
The Bride made her own cake topper!

The Groom's mother choreographed the first dance…and her family made the traditional Persian Wedding table….



 The Bride's sister planned, decorated and provided the flower girl….


 Love you Monica and Jim!

Then we got the call….come to Wyoming... now.
Haley and I packed up Sparkles the day after the wedding and headed out. 15.5 hours later we arrive at our in-laws home. We said good-bye to my mother-in-law two days later.
She was an amazing woman. There isn't enough room here to post all her attributes.
I always wanted to be her when I grew up.
She had thousands of organized photo albums and some scrapbook supplies from her 84 years so it was not a difficult task to make her a special Memory Board for the service.
I hope it made her proud.

 It was the first time in about 14 yrs. that all six kids were together, from New York, Idaho and California.

I was glad to be there for her and Pop.

2 comments:

kath001 said...

Joy and sadness...hard to switch gears so suddenly. Thinking of you.

Betsy Lewis Gully said...

The stark reality of the yin & yang of life. Beautiful blog. A wonderful fun tribute to a new beginning and a lovely honor of a life ending. Blessings.