My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

sCRAPbook Supplies and how they grow....

It's amazing how the things we love just seem to take over our lives.
No area of space in one's home is safe from another plastic drawer organizer.
Can you imagine an Iris Cart in the bathroom (not with toiletries I daresay)?
Well, what could be handier? A few moments alone with the sound of the fan hiding the noise while you peruse all those metal hinges, eyelets and other treasured embellishments.. ha!
Personally, I started to purge the organizers while organizing. Does that make sense?
Well, when you notice the center of the plastic organizers sagging badly in the center, which prevents proper drawer function, it's time to move up to storage furniture.

Replacing one of those dreaded plastic drawer organizer isn't as simple as one might think. In one drawer was every checkbook register and carbon check I have written since 1982! What do you DO with those? Professionals say retention is 7 years. I should contact those Professionals and demand an award of some kind.
Whattaya think?

Anyhoot...after I am done today, this is what my office might look like...




or
NOT!

2 comments:

Kathi Carlson said...

I love this post. I purged a little bit around the first of the year and have a currently empty baskets and plastic containers stacked up about a foot from where I'm sitting. Removing CTMH's retired stamp sets made for quite a few empty containers but I seem to be filling them back up again. And now the real reason for this message. Take a look my post, "A Different Kind of Tag," on my blog. You've been "Bloggin' Blessed." While you can play along if you want to, what I really want you to know is that you are appreciated!

Juel said...

Oh ya, seems to be the season of organization!! I've been moving paper and sorting through the 'I'll put away later drawers'!! Love ya!!