My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Ode da Perfect Circle...

Ya know how I just L@@VE all the advantages of clear acrylix stamps from Close To My Heart?
Perfect placement every time!
Storage issues solved!
Lasts a life time (although whose I'm not quite sure)!
Cost effective to be sure!

Well, sometimes....I wish for a great wood mount stamp and my good ol PAST
(place a stamp tool)


Here lies my dilemma...
Placing this perfect circle stamp



On this clear block



to be exactly stamped on the outer edge of this circle page from our Circle Albums.




Easy enough you say?
HA!
See I can't draw, therefore I leave it to others to design all my favorite images and styles.
If I could draw (even little repeat squares) I'd still have my hair right now.
So here's my first attempt



ok, it wasn't TOO bad...but still not quite a full circle.
Here's my second attempt




hmmmmm not much better, eh?
Here we go again...number 3. 3rd time is suppose to be the charmer, right?
whattaya think?

and the 4th time???
Never mind because at that point I flicked the stupid fabulous acrylix stamp and it stuck to the window...in the shape of a perfect circle I might add. And in spite of my inclination to just run the block over there and press it on there, I had to walk away for a brief moment.

Ok, this is reDICKulous! I am a professional after all...note how I did NOT say PERFECTIONIST!

K, SOOOOOO...here's what I did...

Lay the stamp set rubber er...acrylix down on it's foam sheet.

it's not really upside down in the photo, k? Just go with the flow here.....


Lay that lovely Acrylix block on TOP


ha! get where I'm goin here?

Now...simple take the stamp and lay on the block while using it's master pattern from the set!
and VIOLA!


Now ink and stamp....


ode da PERFECT circle!
Now, go order the block buddies from me on my website...
item # Z1289

No comments: