My Frame of Mind

These are my thoughts, however I may quote those who are smarter and wiser than I am.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

I Know It's Been a Week...but REALLY another year...

Yes Yes, I know it's been almost a week since I've blogged..
Yes Yes, I know you're all just wondering where the heck I've been...
Yes Yes, I know there have been no fabulous works of art or funny tales...

Well, here's the explaination to all 3:
I work 8 hours on the phone and have a 1 hour commute each way and have insomnia.
Ditto
Ditto

There. Feel for me yet?
No? Hey man...I thought you were my friends?
(play the violins now maestro)

Yesterday was DD's (darling daughter's)birthday. She turned 23.

If you're trying to do the math in your head to determine my age, lemme warn you. The medical experts are still trying to determine how a 5 yr old gave birth, so the research is not yet done.

As is one of the few quaint traditions here n da Hood, we take her to a restraunt of her choice for dinner.
Can you tell where we went?
My DD has inherently inherited the love of Martini's. That's 3 generations folks!
When I asked what she did on her birthday, she said, "this" and stuck her foot in my face.
 
Actually I'm embarrassed to say...I kind of like it...but don't tell Gramie. 

3 comments:

kath001 said...

That actually is a very pretty tat. My daughter has one on her lower back...tailbone area. The first time her girls spent the night with me, I put temp tattoos on their lower backs. After they went home, she called me at bathtime freaking out because they didn't wash off, and they had to go to daycare the next day (they go to a very conservative daycare...hahaha). I said if my baby could have a tat, hers could too. :)

kath001 said...

Oh, and I hope you are having lots of sweet dreams very soon.

Kathi Carlson said...

If I had to spend two hours on the road every day, it would KILL me. And I bitch about the 10 minutes across town and the five minutes it takes me to get from my car to my desk...

DD is beautiful. So, you were only five when you squeezed her out, huh? And, the tattoo? It's gorgeous. I'm gonna get me one of them in my next life. LOL.

Have a good week, friend!